City of Paynesville
Check Acceptance Policy
- Proper ID must be presented
- Name and MN address must be preprinted on check
- Home, cell, or business phone number must be provided
- No second or third party checks accepted
- No postdated or Stale Dated checks accepted
- Checks for the amount of purchase only
- Payable to: City of Paynesville, Motor Vehicle 115, or Paynesville Liquor
- All NSF checks may be recovered electronically with a $30.00 service fee added to the total amount (as provided for in MN Statute 604.113 Subd.2a).
The City reserves the right to refuse any check presented. The City will NOT accept checks issued by anyone who has previously had checks returned for insufficient or uncollected funds.
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us to use information from your check to make a one – time electronic fund transfer (EFT) from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.
Checks returned unpaid by your financial institution are subject to a service charge of $30.00, plus any applicable state tax or the maximum allowed by law. Checks returned for insufficient or uncollected funds, together with the service charges and tax, maybe ne debited electronically from your account using a bank draft drawn from your account.
PAYMENT BY CHECK CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS