Motor Vehicle\Driver's License
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For questions, call City Hall at (320) 243-3714
Driver's License Testing
Written knowledge tests will ONLY be offered on the 2nd Thursday of the month between 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm.
No appointment is necessary.
Appointments are required for road tests.
Then on the left in the middle of the page click on More Services, click on Schedule a Skills Test.
Every owner, when applying for motor vehicle or motorcycle registration, renewing their tabs, or transferring ownership, must provide information showing that the motor vehicle or motorcycle is covered by an insurance policy. Owners will need to provide the following information under the new law:
- Name of insurance company
- Policy number
- Expiration date of the policy
Driver's License renewals can be done Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Social Security Numbers are now required on Driver's License Applications.
Commercial Driver's License
- Valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card
- Certified copy of birth certificate from any U.S. state
- Consular report of birth abroad issued by the U.S. Department or state
- Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship issued by U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Valid unexpired Permanent Resident Card
Unexpired employment authorization document issued by USCIS or an unexpired foreign passport accompanied by an approved I-94 form.
If the name on the above document is different from the current name on the CDL, the customer must also present proof of the legal name change(s). Acceptable proof consists of certified marriage certificates, certified divorce decrees or other certified court orders. Divorce decrees or other court orders must specify the name change. Identity and name change documents need to show a clear link between the citizenship or permanent residency document and current name.