Notice of Proposed Ordinance Veterans Park Traffic Control
NOTICE OF PROPOSED ORDINANCE
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that the City of Paynesville City Council is considering the following proposed Ordinance at 6:00 p.m. on November 8, 2021 at their Regular City Council meeting:
ORDINANCE NO. 29, 3RD SERIES
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF PAYNESVILLE, MINNESOTA, AMENDING CITY CODE CHAPTER 32 ENTITLED “TRAFFIC AND VEHICLES”, AND SECTION 32-50 THEREOF ENTITLED “TRAFFIC AND PARKING CONTROL” AT (d) THEREOF ENTITLED “PARKING RESTRICTIONS AND PROHIBITIONS”.
THE CITY COUNCIL OF PAYNESVILLE, MINNESOTA ORDAINS:
Section 1. City Code, Chapter 32 entitled “Traffic and Vehicles” and Section 32-50 thereof entitled “Traffic and Parking Control” and (d) of said section entitled “Parking Restrictions and Prohibitions” is hereby amended to read as follows:
Section 32-50. Traffic and Parking Controls (d) Parking Restrictions and Prohibitions.
1) Generally, it is unlawful for any person to park a vehicle except an emergency vehicle, contrary to lane restrictions or prohibitions painted on any curb, or contrary to any sign which is posted or any fencing or barricaded restrictions or prohibitions.
2) Specifically, it is unlawful to park a boat trailer in the Veterans Park parking lot in prohibited areas contrary to posted signs prohibiting boat trailers beyond certain points of the parking lot; and
- A first violation within a calendar year shall be punishable by a fine of $50.00.
- A second violation within a calendar year shall be punishable by a fine of $100.00.
- A third violation within a calendar year shall be punishable by a fine of $150.00.
Section 2. City Code, Chapter 1entitled “General Provisions” and Section 1-11 thereof entitled “Violations a Misdemeanor Unless Otherwise Stated” is hereby adopted in its entirety by reference as though repeated verbatim herein.
Section 3. This Ordinance will take effect and be in force upon its passage, adoption and publication.
Posted this 27th day of October, 2021.